Night Vision Operations & Techniques
In-Person Instruction Available at The Florida Deep Woods Ranch Training Facility
UPCOMING TRAINING DATES:
Night Visions Operations & Techniques
The civilian and law enforcement use of night vision has become increasingly common. This 1-night course provides you with the perfect opportunity to practice your handgun and carbine fundamentals using your night vision equipment.
This is a 1-night course, almost all of which is done on the range. We will start in the late afternoon to make sure your weapons and gear are set up correctly and to practice the skills and techniques needed for a low/no light environment. As the sun sets, we will put these techniques to use doing a verity of drills and exercises using IR lights and night vision.
Responsible citizens and armed professionals should take this class. Note: Night vision rentals are available from third parties if needed: https://nightvisionrentals.com/
This class includes stress drills where you will safely move through a predetermined course of fire engaging targets. These drills are optional based on each shooter’s abilities and comfort levels.
If students cannot safely keep up with the course tempo, the instructor may have students continue drills with gun clear and safe or sit out during the exercise for the safety of the group.
Ammunition: We use Frangible ammunition on our range because you will be shooting steel targets. Frangible ammunition is available for purchase onsite however if you would like to bring your own ammo, please bring frangible ammo ONLY. For safety reasons ball and steel core ammo are not allowed!
- 250 rounds of frangible ammunition for your pistol
- At least 3 magazines
- Holster (outside the waistband, or inside the waistband)
- Magazine pouch
- Defensive Rifle (AR-15, AK-47, or similar) with a sling and a sighting system (optic and or iron sights)
- 250 rounds of frangible ammunition for your rifle
- At least 4 magazines
- Magazine pouch (Many students wear battle belts, chest rigs or plate carriers however these are optional)
- Weapon mounted lights for both rifle and pistol
- Handheld tactical style flash light.
- Eye (clear) and Ear protection
- Gun lube, cleaning kit, tools
- Clothing for the weather (Note the range is outside)
- Closed toed shoes
- Pants (recommended)
- Long sleeve shirt (recommended)
- Bug spray
- Lunch and snacks
- 1-Gallon of water
Prior tp taking this in-person training please take following course bundle in the FSW University.
If you already have an FSW University membership, click the “University Login” button at the top right of your screen.